Saturday, July 21, 2012

Getting back to life before being sick

I'm trying to get back to my normal life before beging sick. I joined the YMCA yesterday. I had a lot of fun swiming laps back and forth in their large swiming pool. I even bought googles so I can be a professional dog paddler swimmer. lol. Thursday night my cousin Aimee picked me up and we went to a BBQ and swim party which was so much fun. I met a lot of nice people. Next week Aimee and I are going Country dancing which should be fun. I'm just a bit nervous about running into an old flame Travis. I know he goes to the country dancing thing on Wednesday's. But I really can't let me bumping into someone stopping me from having a good time. I'm so excited about getting out more and having fun. Today I hit the golf range at Dobson Ranch. After not golfing for 2 years I was surprised I picked up my swing again so  quickly. I actually did really well with both my driver and wedges. I had a few bad swngs but overall I was impressed. I think i'll be sore tomorrow.

Being sick has really affected my dating life. People in there twenties and thirties don't think that they will ever get this sick. I never knew I would need disability insurance at such a young age or life insurance. We live so carefree when we are young. I try not to tell guys when I'm first talking to them about how sick I've been it turns them away. I also realize that I probably don't want to be with that guy if he's going to judge me for being sick anyways. It's kind of hard when your at a pool party to hide the pain patches on your arms and it's forced me to wear modest swim suits to hide my scares from where my j-tude, g-tube's were and the surgery scare on my stomach. I consider them battle wounds from my illness. I fought to stay alive and I fought to eat once again. I'm so happy to be back to normal some what.

No comments:

Post a Comment